Tuesday 28 August 2007

Do not go gently into that good night

I am not yet 30 but today I feel as if I am getting old. I like to think of myself as a modern sort of chap - I bought my retro clothes this time they were in fashion, not the last. I aggregate my internet, I write a blog, and some of the CDs that I have bought during the past year were actually released during the past year. I am even involved in a 'growing my hair longer' project.

What has made me feel old is the sight of boy racers (are they even still called that?) who had pimped their ride (OK, I can still cut it a little bit). The ride that they had pimped was the new model Mini - one of the first ones to come out. Looking clapped out already, with blacked out windows and a big exhaust and black alloys and floor-lighting.

Now I still think of the new Mini as, well, new. Because it came out when I was at university. I have now realised that I am a month away from the 10th anniversary of me starting at university.

Worse still, I have a team building day tomorrow. That's not bad in itself, I love my team and am looking forward to it. But the sequence of events is looking far more middle-aged than early twenties. Please help me understand this by answering the poll on the sidebar.

That's it. I'm off to drown my sorrows in a respectable, smoke-free bar where they don't play their music too loudly.

No comments: